|Location:||Western Australia||Posted Date:||April 21, 2017|
|Employer Job Id:||787149||CareerMine Job Id:||1351446|
The health and safety of our people and our host communities is a value that drives the way we work. Our consolidated commitment to achieving the highest level of safety performance stands at the forefront of our planning, actions and behaviours.
Nickel West Mt Keith – Mechanical Fitter
- Fly in Fly Out roster – 7D7X roster – occasional nights
- Great camp facilities
- Competitive salary on offer plus 12% superannuation and a range of company benefits
Working within the concentrator, your role will be responsible for completing scheduled and breakdown maintenance, shutdown duties, documentation of work history and work requests with the 1SAP maintenance management system. You will be expected to work with the highest priority to safety and ensuring maximum availability of plant and equipment is achieved.
This role will be on a 7 days on, 7 days off roster, but will require participation in the rotation of nightshift duties - approximately 1 swing in every 2 to 3 months.
Skills and Requirements
- Trade Qualified in Mechanical Fitting
- Previous experience in fixed plant maintenance
- Ability to interpret engineering and mechanical drawings
- Good fault finding and ability
- Competent in working autonomously and unsupervised
- Experience with Warman Pumps, Larox Filter Presses, Sag & Ball Mills, Conveyors and Gyratory Crushers will be highly regarded.
- Computer literate with previous experience using SAP will be advantageous
- A current manual Australian Driver's Licence is required
- Whilst not essential, qualifications such as dogging and rigging will be desirable
As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screen including a criminal history check, identity check and qualifications check.
Company Description - Nickel West
A member of the BHP Billiton Group, Nickel West produces nickel in-concentrate and has its operations located throughout Western Australia - comprising mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
Nickel West Mt Keith
Nickel West Mt Keith is located 460 kilometres north of Kalgoorlie in the Northern Goldfields. Nickel West Mt Keith is a surface mining operation with an open pit and concentrator plant. The operation is surrounded by pastoral stations, with the nearest townships being Leinster and Wiluna. There's plenty to keep you entertained in the Mt Keith Village. Take the heat off the day and head to the pool – or join in a game of footy. BBQ dinners are regularly held and other social activities include movie nights. Employees commute to and from Perth on a fly in / fly out roster or form regional areas on a drive in / drive out roster.
Short listing for this position will commence on Thursday 11th May 2017, however we do reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated. To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the 'apply' button below.
Please note: It is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.