Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
Occupational Health Research Coordinator
||January 17, 2014
Mine Health and Safety Council (MHSC)
||March 21, 2014
|Employer Job Id:
||CareerMine Job Id:
The Mine Health and Safety Council (MHSC) was established in in terms of section 41 (1) of the Mine Health & Safety Act, 1996 (Act 29) to advise the Minister of Mineral Resources on national health and safety policy and research in the mining industry.
The Council seeks to make the following appointments:
- Total annual package: R400 000 - R478 847,39 plus a possible performance-based bonus
- Reporting to the Health Research Programme Manager, the successful candidate will transform policy and research outcomes into implementable programmes and monitoring thereof.
- Appropriate National Diploma in occupational health related field
- At least 3 years' experience in mining environment in Occupational Health.
Key performance areas:
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Implement programme for rollout of research outcomes
- Ongoing communication and interaction with stakeholders
- Identify stakeholders, end-users and relevant authorities that would benefitfrom the outcomes ofthe research, policy/legislative development
- Promote technical project deliverables to target groups in user-friendly ways: publications, seminars, workshops, demonstrations, launches and exhibitions
- Facilitate the piloting of implementable deliverables in conjunction with industry champions and/or commercial partners
- Present the implications of significant project outputs and their implementations to tripartite members, professional associations and mine owners
- Present at least one paper per year on Occupational Health and Safety
- Plan and monitor own work and personal development plans
The successful candidates will be required to sign a performance agreement.