|Location:||Applecross, WA||Posted Date:||March 20, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||493560||CareerMine Job Id:||1345289|
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing mining services business, [Company] has and continues to develop a world-class portfolio of mining operations, mining services and greenfield projects. To ensure we meet the ongoing opportunities and challenges associated with growth, we are currently seeking an Operations Manager – Crushing based at our Applecross Offices in Perth. This is an exciting opportunity to expand your career and to take on a challenging and rewarding role within an expanding company.
Reporting to the General Manager you will be primarily responsible for:
- Maintaining compliance with all applicable statutory obligations
- Overseeing the adherence to approved project schedules, plans, budgets and timelines for operational execution, safety, quality, environment and human resources
- Ensuring safely operated sites, through adherence to MRL policies, procedures and the site OHM Management Plan, and demonstrating leadership in all safety related matters
- Driving the efficient availability and utilisation of people, assets and equipment, and promote best industry practice to achieve all operational targets of productivity, quality and cost
- Creating and ensuring collaborative working relationships and utilisation of MRL technical resources to provide improved maintenance and reliability performance
- Providing reports on performance, work areas, downtime, safety and personnel as directed
- Engagement of operational teams, project teams & subcontractors, implementing and managing mutually agreed performance and operating strategies
- Identification areas for improvement, leading and ensuring the implementation of successful improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- A team player with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong commitment to safety, health, environment, community and workplace diversity
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline – desired
- Strong understanding of Safety Management and the Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations.
- Sound knowledge of mining operations including drill & blast, load & haul, crushing & screening and environmental management.
- A strong background in driving operational improvement
This is a permanent role based at the Applecross office, with frequent travel to remote mine sites. This role represents an opportunity to work in a key position on one of Australia's most significant resources contracting businesses.
[Company] is an equal opportunity employer and encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, to apply for this position. This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide.