|Location:||Applecross, WA||Posted Date:||March 20, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||493579||CareerMine Job Id:||1345286|
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing mining services business, [Company] has and continues to develop a world-class portfolio of mining operations, mining services and greenfield projects. To ensure we meet the ongoing opportunities and challenges associated with growth, we are currently seeking an Operations Manager – Mining based at our Applecross Offices in Perth. This is an exciting opportunity to expand your career and to take on a challenging and rewarding role within an expanding company.
Reporting to the General Manager – Mining you will be primarily responsible for:
- Ensuring the optimum performance of the operating mine sites to achieve current and future targets.
- Driving a safe and healthy workplace by promoting the companies safety standards and procedures.
- Setting performance standards and continuously innovating to improve efficiency consistent with our annual mine plans.
- Directing and utilising the skills of our site based team of professionals in order to deliver business performance expectations.
- Demonstrating integrity, pragmatism and trust in all of your interactions with community, indigenous and internal stakeholders.
- Playing a pivotal role in the expansion and development of our new mining operations.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- A team player with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to enable effective interaction with mine site production personnel and other departments
- A strong commitment to safety, health, environment, community and workplace diversity
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or a related discipline
- A strong background in open cut metalliferous or coal mining environments
- Experience in managing multiple operations including mine site, operations & contractor management
- A strong background in driving operational improvement
This is a permanent role based at the Applecross office, with frequent travel to remote mine sites. This role represents an opportunity to work in a key position on one of Australia's most significant resources contracting businesses.
[Company] is an equal opportunity employer and encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, to apply for this position. This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide.