- From the high-strength, light-weight steels that make automobiles safer, sleeker, and more fuel efficient — to the steel framing that makes our homes stronger and safer — our products build quality of life for people around the world. At[Company] , our vision is Making Steel. World Competitive. Building Value – and we are seeking talented, motivated, and skilled people like you to help us achieve it.
- We currently have an opening for an Oracle Data Base Administrator to join our Information Technology organization, the Business Service Center (BSC), located at our company headquarters in Pittsburgh. As an integral part of this highly skilled, innovative team, you will play a significant role in providing services to [Company] headquarters and international production operations.
- We are seeking an inquisitive self-starter who can apply his/her solid technical skills and strong desire to learn to help resolve a broad range of server-based software support issues. To guide your success, you will be equipped with any necessary mentoring and training to become proficient in this key role.
- Administration support for Oracle DBMS versions 10g and 11g
- Overall maintenance, administration, monitoring, problem resolution for Oracle databases
- Oracle software installation and patching
- Database creation, database migrations to alternate servers and database upgrades
- Database refreshes and clones
- Backup & Recovery utilizing RMAN
- Support of high availability databases utilizing RAC
- Database performance and tuning
- GRID configuration and implementation
- Shell scripts development and maintenance
- SQL query optimization and tuning
- Documentation development and maintenance
- Database and data security
- Production support 24x7 and weekends
Minimum Required Skills:
- 3 to 5 years Professional Experience as an Oracle Database Administrator
- Database administration experience for Oracle DBMS 10g and 11g
- UNIX experience including shell scripting
- Database performance and tuning experience
- Understanding of database modeling and logical design concepts
- Experience conducting database design and implementation reviews
- Strong SQL skills
- Prior programming and developer experience a plus
- Self-starter with the ability to automate monitoring and administration task
- Enthusiastic with vigor to learn
- An individual who embraces team work and appreciates benefits of a diverse team
- Bachelor degree in math, computer science related discipline, other technology related discipline or equivalent work experience
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Self-motivated/must be capable of working independently.
- Logical/analytical thought process
- Works well in a team environment
- Effective oral & written communications
- [Company] is one of the leading producers of value-added steels and the largest integrated steel producer headquartered in the United States. We are a high-tech, leading-edge company whose rich history of talented people, high-quality product, and innovation spans more than a century.