Our client is looking for a Project Cost Controller who has had significant cost control experience with large projects; experience with engineering, procurement and construction contracts and advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Candidates for the position of Project Cost Controller (Construction/Engineering/Procurement) must be happy to be based in either the Manchester or Flint/Chester office with possible travel between the two.
- The Project Cost Controller (Construction/Engineering/Procurement) should be educated to degree level or equivalent; proficient with accounting and cost control tracking systems and have the ability to look at both onshore and offshore projects.
- You must be able to drive the cost control process with the minimum of guidance and ensure the application of the appropriate accounting/cost control methods and procedures.
- The main purpose of the role of Project Cost Controller (Construction/Accounting) will be to understand the project contractual and financial obligations and provide the cost control activities to ensure compliance with the project plan and budget.
Day to day duties will include:
- Collecting cost information from the various sites involved in the works
- Monitoring actual progress against budget.
- Producing periodical cost progress reports for the Project Director Head Office
- Preparing invoices according to the plan and the contract administrative requirements
- To undertake this role, the Project Cost Controller (Construction/Accounting) must have excellent verbal and written communication skills together with strong presentation, problem-solving and organisational skills.
- You must be able to hit the ground running for this extensive project
- The company manufactures energy cables from low voltage to extremely high voltage for land applications and offers turnkey submarine cables and installation services as well as a comprehensive range of industrial cables for applications as: mining, cranes, wind turbines and rail applications
- £30,000 - £40,000 per annum