Be part of the Australian construction boom which is being driven across many sectors within the civil engineering industry from transport infrastructure upgrades (road, rail, and airports), mining and resources extraction,
A massive amount of development is about to happen nationally within the civil & transportation sector in order to update and modernise the existing infrastructure which has fuelled a distinct shortage experienced engineering resource.
The company is a solid mid tier who has undertaken significant growth over the last few years with turn over now approaching $1bn. They have secured a variety of transportation focussed works throughout the East Coast of Australia and for this position are specifically involved in a transportation upgrade project in Brisbane. Project work comprises of substantial bridge structures involved with both road and rail interface.
As Project Engineer you will be working very closely with the Senior Project Engineer and Project Manager to effectively manage and monitor costs of the project you are based on, together with the management of sub-contractor programmes, control and monitoring of safety in line with the method statements and risk assessments and company standards and assisting with the compliance including Quality Systems. Every effort will be made to accommodate your needs in respect to training and further professional development.
The successful candidate will bring to the role;
- 5 years + experience, and hold a relevant degree in civil engineering or similar, with a keen interest in candidates with previous rail project experience
- Previous demonstrated experience in delivering technical challenging projects, particularly structures (concrete) related through on site supervision and management of construction activities
- Previous experience with a top/mid tier Australasian or similar company
- A good understanding and demonstrative experience of general civil engineering and technical elements.
- a practical minded hands-on approach coupled with excellent communication and people skills
- A solutions-orientated attitude with a desire to progress in your chosen civil engineering profession.
A package which is in line with the technical nature of the project which includes Salary of between $100-125k + package which includes,10% Pension, Company Car, Assistance with visa requirements + Phone.
Also included is a fantastic opportunity to progress through extensive training and experience with an up and coming mid tier in the Australian market.