Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
||November 12, 2013
To view company name. See instructions below
||January 12, 2014
|Employer Job Id:
||CareerMine Job Id:
- Responsible for the management and successful delivery (of the assigned project) within the time, cost, scope and quality parameters.
- Stakeholder expectation management, engagement and communications.
- Team management.
- Responsible for company invoice payment
- General Manager: Projects, other Project staff, site staff, Procurement, Finance, HR, process Engineers, Drawing Office
- Clients, contractors, suppliers etc.
- Project cost, risk and profitability management.
- Project budget review, approval and ongoing management.
- Project costing review, approval and ongoing control.
- Negotiation of supplier contract terms.
- Client liaison, expectation management, and communications.
- Project reporting.
- Ensure on-time, within budget and quality delivery of the project, by managing the project effectively, taking proactive steps in each phase of the project and taking ownership for the outcome of the project.
- Coordinate and integrate the various project elements during project initiation (the Project Manager is the nominated first point of contact for the respective project).
- Obtain agreement and buy-in from the Client and the project team on standards and processes for the project during project initiation - ensure documentation of these.
- Schedule and facilitate project kick-off meetings (internal and external).
- Ensure that critical project documentation is approved and signed off both internally and externally.
- Negotiate contracts and deal with various terms of contract.
- Ensure the project is appropriately resourced with the necessary staff, and engage with HR on all resourcing requirements.
- Renegotiate and obtain quotes for scope changes, variation orders etc. and ensure that additional work has budget assigned to it and is in the revised schedule and scope. Manage and document the change request/notification process
- Ensure that project team understand the project schedule, scope and other critical information (project communication).
- Manage the project team, taking corrective action, where required.
- Actively manage relationship with the client, on an on-going basis.
- Prepare and present at the scheduled Project Review meetings (monthly). Prepare and present at the informal fortnightly project review meetings.
- Responsible for project construction (and later project commissioning) team, to ensure that the plant is being built according to schedule and project plan.
- Communicate on an ongoing basis, with internal and external project team members (especially with client project team), particularly during the project execution phase.
- Ensure adherence to company standard project methodology, per the company Guide for Project Management.
- Facilitate all project meetings.
- Manage the project budget and ensure project budget control.
- Conduct formal gate reviews at end of each project phase.
- Manage the project close out and conduct a “lessons learnt” session/analysis.
Educational qualifications and or experience:
- A formal, recognised qualification in Project Management is a distinct advantage.
- An engineering qualification is an advantage.
- Experience as the responsible person for a project or projects and or portions of projects dependent on the size.
Quality of work:
Quantity of work:
- Ability to produce technically acceptable work (work produced to set Engineering and company standards).
- Ability to deliver on the agreed upon work objectives within the established time frames.
Impact of role on business value chain:
- Project management knowledge.
- Engineering knowledge.
- Knowledge of project controls and project measurements.
- Legal knowledge.
- Understanding of other areas of work, outside own area of specialisation.
- Understanding of how own role and decisions may impact the business.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in project management, preferably in managing medium to large scaled, multi-disciplinary projects in the mining/minerals processing environment.
- Experience in managing projects within and EPC/EPCM/LSTK environment.
Financial and commercial knowledge:
- Registration with ECSA as a Professional Engineer, preferred.
- Professional Membership of the Project Management Institute preferred.
- Experience in managing budgets and understanding key cost control principles.
- Experience in dealing with contract terms and various types of contract (Fidic, NEC).
- Fidic certification, preferred, but not essential.
- Experience in managing contractors and sub-contractors.
- Good computer literacy skills in MS Office.
- Knowledge and experience in working with MS Projects, a distinct advantage.
- Experience in managing relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Experience in managing client relationships.
- Ability to work within a team environment, and manage the work the respective project team.
- Ability to self-manage, initiate required actions to complete key performance