Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
Project Manager -Water/Wastewater
||December 25, 2012
MWH Americas Inc.
||February 23, 2013
|Employer Job Id:
||CareerMine Job Id:
- The MWH organization is driving the wet infrastructure sector globally, and we are leading the world in results-oriented management, technical engineering, and construction services to create a better world. The wet infrastructure sector we serve encompasses a variety of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage to water resources management and coastal restoration, and from design and construction of hydropower and renewable energy facilities to full environmental services.
- Description MWH , a global leader in engineering, environmental, construction, and technology, has an opening for a Project Manager in our Southeast Business Unit. The successful candidate will manage and lead planning, design, and engineering services during construction for projects involving water supply and water and wastewater treatment. This position will be based in one our Florida offices with some minor travel required.
Purpose of Role:
- The MWH Project Manager position is a key leadership role in overall successful project delivery while maximizing the profitability of the projects under his/her management.
Responsibilities and Proficiencies Include:
- Serves as project manager for projects assigned, directing project technical and administrative staff.
- Works closely with the assigned Project Technical Leader to ensure successful project delivery.
- Serves as the project performance analyst in evaluating earned value, actual versus planned progress, identifying, quantifying and managing potential risks, conversant in revenue recognition and overall financial project performance.
- Proficient in project risk assessment and risk management.
- Proficient in project scoping and pricing of new work and amendments to existing work.
- Proficient in project developing work breakdown structures and scheduling.
- Prepares and monitors project schedules.
- Develops financial and execution plans for projects.
- Collaborates with clients including local governmental agencies and teaming partner companies.
- Interacts professionally with clients and project team members.
- Supports the acquisition of new project opportunities.
- Interfaces with local and global resources for production and delivery tasks.
- Consistently maintains client satisfaction that results in potential opportunities and excellent Company references.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience in consulting, or similar related roles.
- MBA is encouraged, but not required.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of skills and experience.
- Business development skills such as client service and proposal preparation experience.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Recent experience managing projects; development of scope, schedule, and budget; monitoring cost and schedule.
- Understanding of scheduling concepts and have familiarity with software such as Primavera P6 or equivalent
- Certified or ability to obtain CAPM or PMP certification from Project Management Institute, or equivalent within 6 months.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to identify the appropriate opportunities in accordance with the Company's risk profile, prepare campaign plans for pursuit and secure contracts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Florida driver’s license and willingness and ability to travel as dictated by workload.
- MBA is encouraged, but not required.
- MWH is an EEO/AA/M/F/V/D - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.