|Location:||Townsville, QLD||Posted Date:||April 21, 2017|
|Employer Job Id:||495556||CareerMine Job Id:||1351460|
- Opportunity to work on a wide range of challenging and rewarding projects.
- Long term career opportunity with an award-winning national contractor.
About the role
To ensure our ongoing success in the North Qld construction market, we are currently seeking a Project Manager to join our team in the Townsville office. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the construction of projects from initial receipt of documentation to handover to the client at practical completion.
This exciting position will involve some of the following key responsibilities;
- Be proactive in the identification and resolution of problems
- Coordinate all construction activities on and off site
- Responsible for the delivery, safety and quality of the project
The successful candidate will be experienced in all aspects of Project Management with the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary or trade qualifications in the building/construction field
- Extensive building construction experience as a Project Manager is a must
- Proven track record of success in delivering projects on time and within budget
- You will possess excellent commercial awareness with strong relationship building, leadership and negotiating skills
As a Watpac employee, you will be part of one of Australia’s leading construction and civil and mining contracting businesses. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange since 1985, we are a strong, experienced company with a solid reputation for delivering safe and quality projects across the country. Operating as one team, you will be joining over 1,000 dedicated and innovative Watpac employees who each have an unwavering commitment to our values, and to the safety and wellbeing of each other, our contractors and communities.
Our Construction Queensland team has delivered some of the state’s most iconic projects and has a reputation for excellence. Watpac has been the name behind numerous landmark projects in Townsville including Thuringowa Sports Precinct, Thuringowa Community Centre and Art Gallery, Storm Financial Office Building and Peninsula Apartments.
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program
- Parental Leave Program
- Employee referral bonus
- Young Professionals Program
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.
For further information please contact Caoimhe Bowden (Recruiter) at email@example.com. Please note resumes can only be submitted via the apply now button.
*** Agency applications will not be accepted.