|Location:||Brisbane, QLD||Posted Date:||April 21, 2017|
|Employer Job Id:||495523||CareerMine Job Id:||1341211|
- Opportunity to work with and learn from industry leaders
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package
- Opportunity to work on a challenging and rewarding project
About the role
Reporting to the WHS Manager, your primary objective will be to support projects in maintaining compliance with statute law and company procedures, and to assist in building excellence in safety throughout the projects. Additional responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Review and communicate safe work performance to Project Managers
- Establish appropriate educational programs in Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)
- Investigate and report on all injuries, illnesses and notifiable events at the workplace
- Undertake comprehensive audits and provide subsequent recommendations to the project teams and QLD OHS Manager
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualification in OHS or a related discipline
- Previous experience as a Project Safety Coordinator for a building/ construction organisation
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the business;
- Sound judgement and decision making skills.
As a Watpac employee, you will be part of one of Australia's leading construction and civil and mining contracting businesses. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange since 1985, we are a strong, experienced company with a solid reputation for delivering safe and quality projects across the country. Operating as one team, you will be joining over 850 dedicated and innovative Watpac employees who each have an unwavering commitment to our values, and to the safety and wellbeing of each other, our contractors and communities.
Our Construction Queensland team has delivered some of the state's most iconic projects including Skilled Park, Metricon Stadium, Queensland Institute of Medical Research Central Building, the Translational Research Institute and 180 Brisbane. The team is currently delivering a diverse portfolio of work including Mary Lane, the Queensland Schools PPP Project and the Queensland State Velodrome.
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Young Professionals Program.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.
For further information please contact Caoimhe Bowden (Recruiter) at email@example.com
*** Agency applications will not be accepted.