|Location:||Applecross, WA||Posted Date:||March 20, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||493546||CareerMine Job Id:||1345297|
[Company] is a leading Australian based diversified mining services, contracting, processing and commodities production company. [Company]'s unique and robust business model, coupled with its industry position as the mining services provider of choice, has ensured a reputation for delivering the highest quality services in the specialist fields of minerals processing, contract crushing, mine ownership and operation to name a few.
[Company] remains at the forefront of its craft and this allows for a strong culture of innovation which continues to foster the development of significant potential new revenue streams, through diversification via commodities including Iron Ore and Lithium amongst others as well as in our mine contracting service offerings that range from construction, contract mining and crushing, power generation, bulk material handling via our road, rail and port assets to camp and facilities management.
[Company] is currently seeking an experienced Purchasing Officer with a minimum of five years' experience to join our established Procurement team for a period of three (3) months. The role will report to the Purchasing Manager and will be located in our Head Office in Applecross.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide cost effective and timely procurement of goods and services on behalf of the [Company] group in support of operational requirements.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Action purchasing requirements in accordance with established procedures that support operational requirements.
- Proactively monitor and follow up quotations and purchase orders to ensure that on time delivery is met.
- Action and resolve transactional purchasing queries in a timely manner.
- Prioritise tasks to ensure optimal customer service is provided at all times.
- Review goods and services pricing on an ongoing basis to ensure consistency and value is maintained.
- Ensure that goods and services are procured at an optimum price utilising sound negotiation techniques.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external supplier and client stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- The ability to communicate at all levels in the organisation.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative.
- Able to prioritise and work in a fast paced environment.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in a similar position within the mining, mining services, engineering or construction area.
- Pronto ERP experience or demonstrated knowledge of ERP purchasing systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of computers and Microsoft software packages.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Completion or working towards CIPSA accreditation highly desirable.
[Company] is an equal opportunity employer and encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, to apply for this position.
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide.