|Location:||San Antonio, TX||Posted Date:||April 21, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||3677||CareerMine Job Id:||1351423|
- [Company] Award Winning Transportation Group is looking for a Heavy Civil Inspector for an Exciting Long Term Transportation Project in the heart of San Antonio. This role includes a very competitive hourly rate, full medical/dental/vision benefits, paid time off, participation in our employee stock ownership program, bi-annual bonus potential and much more!
- Verify that all materials meet requirements of approved documents.
- Verify work is being constructed in accordance with current plans and specifications.
- Verify that all material sampling and testing is performed, as required.
- Inspect all aspects of the work including dimensions, connections, embeds, finishes, etc.
- Inspect the work at start-up until satisfied that all workers understand the requirements and are adequately performing the work.
- Inspect work when conditions change, a new phase of work starts, new workers, equipment or procedures are implemented, or any other change to work or job conditions takes place.
- Verbally report all deviations from approved documents to the contractor immediately.
- Verify survey layout.
- Provide written daily reports.
- ICC reinforced concrete special inspector certification.
- Minimum 5 years construction inspection experience.
- Experience in concrete structures, masonry, structural bolting/welding, electrical, earthwork, drainage systems and utility work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of general design principals.
- Capable of performing material testing for concrete.
- AWS certification preferred but not required.
- Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
- Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
- Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
- May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
- Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day
- May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors