|Location:||ON||Posted Date:||March 20, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||CareerMine Job Id:||1345230|
This position reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for the following primary responsibilities:
- Coordinates and administers safety programs at the Picton, Ontario plant and assure compliance with Corporate Safety Policies, Provincial, and Federal legislation and regulations, and Transport Canada.
- Conducts compliance inspections by actively walking the plant daily to review safety practices and potential hazards.
- Performs or co-ordinates industrial hygiene tests as required.
- Assures that all employees, visitors and contractors are properly trained in job hazards and safe work practices.
- Conducts safety audits as needed, represents plant to regulatory inspectors and agencies such as OHSA, Transport Canada and others.
- Assists in developing and administering task training for all employees and newly hired employees
- Responsible for administering Common Core Training for all new employees
- Chairs the Joint Safety and Health Committee.
- Assists in developing or locating specialized training programs
- Maintains accurate record keeping of safety compliance and employee training records.
- Effectively manages reduction of all accidents in the workplace
- Manages all Workers Compensation claims and accident reporting effectively
- Continuous interpretation and compliance planning for current and emerging regulatory issues for employee safety and health and ensures compliance with provincial, federal legislation and company policies
- Provides guidance on the purchase and maintenance of safety equipment.
- Ensures safety systems are maintained and data is accurate
- Jointly works with Human Resources and other members of Regional Safety Team to develop programs and policies.
- Ensures compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures including implementation of Group guidelines, performing training, monitoring compliance, etc.
- Proactively manages health and safety of employees to continuously improve the company's health and safety performance.
- Participate in the [Company] Audit Program as an auditor for other locations.
Skills & Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree in safety or industrial hygiene or equivalent experience.
- Certified Mine Safety Professional qualification preferred, minimum of 3-5 years safety managerial experience in a heavy manufacturing or mining environment required
- Experience in industrial hygiene sampling and computation.
- Knowledge of provincial & federal legislation and regulations pertaining to safety, i.e., OHSA.
- Experience as a trainer in safety subjects.
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office products - SAP experience preferred
- Accurate record keeping and ability to prepare reports and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in skill sets such as problem solving, team building, creativity, strategic thinking, and decision making
- Excellent organizational, and communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong interpersonal skills required to work closely with the workforce and plant supervisory level to create and maintain a strong plant safety culture.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels.
Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience and relevant skills.