Job Title: Security Officer Location: Sheet Harbour/Dufferin Mine Nova Scotia
The Dufferin Mine Security Officer will patrol, observe, protect and report. Most security assignments will require a patrol and static position. The primary objective of a Security Officer is to deter and prevent criminal or unwanted activity at the Dufferin Mine site.
• Perform foot patrol and mobile patrol of Dufferin Mine site, including all facilities, mill, underground mine, storage complex, site offices, tailings facilities etc. noting and reporting, any suspicious activity, deficiencies and damage to property.
• Monitor site visitors, cameras, and alarm systems to ensure safety and access in accordance with site policies and procedures.
• Maintains effective control of all issued equipment.
• Enforces all rules, policies and procedures in a fair and impartial manner.
• Respond professionally to site emergencies (alarms, medical emergencies, fires and other urgent matters)
• Complete Shift and Incident Reports.
• Conduct crowd control, as required.
• Assist Mine Safety and Environmental Coordinator as required.
• Criminal Records Check
• A valid Driver’s License and clean driving record is required
• Must be current in First Aid & CPR.
• Must be able to work in all weather conditions, indoors and outdoors, as well as dusty and dirty environment.
• Comfortable working 12 hour shifts, day or night including rotations.
• Above average personal and interpersonal written and verbal communication skills,
• Physically capable of performing all duties as set out in the General Orders.
• Effective problem solving skills
• Must possess 3-5 years previous security experience, or prior industry related experience (i.e. Police, Military, Security).
• Must be capable and able to work alone without Supervision.
A competitive compensation package awaits the successful candidate