Our group is looking to hire a Senior Electrical Engineer in either Dartmouth, NS or St. John's, NL office; the successful candidate will be a self-starter and able to resolve engineering design issues as well as develop project scope, documents, reports, estimates and project proposals. You have proven experience in all phases of electrical design on Electrical distribution projects. The applicant with experience in electrical utilities and/or consulting in medium and high voltage engineering will be given preference. You will need the ability to lead project work and to interface effectively with other disciplines to complete the work on time and on budget.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in high voltage distribution design - typically up to 35Kv.
- Registered or eligible for registration with Engineers of Nova Scotia (APENS) or PEGNL.
- Thorough understanding of electrical distribution design standards
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft suite of office products and power systems modeling such as CYME, PLS Pole, ETAP, SKM and WinIGS.
- Familiarity with high voltage equipment such as transformers, circuit breakers and instrument transformers, etc.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Previous supervisor experience is an asset.