|Location:||South Australia||Posted Date:||March 20, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||40358156||CareerMine Job Id:||1345272|
At [Company] we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drive culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
Come and be a part of this success.
One of Australia's largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well-equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 5/2 roster, with residential or FIFO options available.
About the role
The Senior Quarry Planning Engineer will be responsible for providing accurate data to major stakeholders, and utilise findings to support, and ultimately optimise, business planning, strategies, and the CAF Quarry Plan.
In this role you will:
- Comply to and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day
- Extract accurate data from the Operations functions to develop the CAF Quarry production schedule
- Drill and blast design for the Quarry
- Develop the 2 year plan in alignment with the 5 year plan and Life of Asset (LOA) plan
- Prepare designs for 0 to 5 year space, ensuring the schedule process has sufficient quantity of design strings
- Reconciliation of all physicals providing feedback on planned vs. actual for both material movement and budget spend
- Capture any opportunities to apply new or improved planning systems within the team, and ensure any potential risks are escalated in a timely manner
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm's way
- Tertiary/Technical qualifications in Mining Engineering or relevant field
- Open Pit (ideally Quarry) Mine Planning experience with drill and blast engineering is a requirement
- Open Pit Mining experience in a technical and/or supervisory capacity (desirable)
- Able to develop planning strategies, identify, escalate potential risks and mitigating actions
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence peers and decision makers
- Experience in production optimisation and scheduling implementation
- Competency in appropriate software platforms such as Vulcan/Surpac, HaulNet, and Excel (desirable)
Supporting a diverse workforce
At [Company], we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.