|Location:||Australia||Posted Date:||March 20, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||493601||CareerMine Job Id:||1345292|
[Company] is a leading Australian based diversified mining service, contracting, processing and commodities production company. Since its foundation in 1993, the company has grown through strategic business development, consolidation and acquisition and now has a portfolio of market leading brands including Crushing [Company], [Company], [Company], [Company] and a controlling interest in [Company] (64% ownership).
The success of Mineral Resources is closely linked to its most valuable asset, its people, and the Company is proud of its ability to attract and retain a team of first class professionals in their respective fields. Mineral Resource's focus is a commitment that all employees operate in the safest working environments through the implementation of world-class operating policies, procedures, and management systems concurrent with adding outstanding value under its partnering arrangements with its customers
Reporting to the Group IT Service Desk Manager, this role will be responsible for providing Level 2 & 3 Helpdesk and Desktop Support, to both corporate and site-based employees within the MRL Group. The Senior Group IT Support Officer is based at head office in Applecross with a working arrangement from Monday to Friday. This role will also require travel to site on occasion and will be part of an ongoing on call roster system.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level helpdesk & desktop support to both corporate and site-based employees.
- Ensure service desk tickets are managed accordingly, ensuring that all service levels are exceeded.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft technologies, such as Active Directory, & MS Office suite.
- Keep clients up-to-date with resolution efforts on current incidents.
- Be a strong contributor to IT Policies and Procedures
- Log calls in the ticketing system, and to update calls as action is taken, Participate in escalated calls when needed.
- Outstanding organizational skills in order to manage high volumes of cases and deal with multiple clients and vendors.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Good understanding of network technologies, such as switching, routing, and firewalls.
- Installing, investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults
- Managing stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies.
- Installing and maintaining operating systems, network and application software on desktop computers
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- 3+ years of proven IT support experience
- Good understanding of Networking (LAN, VLAN, TCP/IP etc…)
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in Windows 7/8.1/10
- Demonstrated commitment to providing a high level of customer service.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non‐technical staff.
- Advanced knowledge & experience with Active Directory services, such as creating accounts, groups and permissions,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is essential
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Knowledge in Windows 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2016
- Knowledge in Microsoft Exchange 2010 / 2013 / 2016
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Service Desk knowledge.
- Strong organisational skills
- Diploma of Information Technology
- Good broad technical understanding of hardware, software, applications, networks, communications technologies.
- Previous Experience working in the mining sector.
[Company] is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply for positions.
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide.