We are looking for a Senior Lead Estimator to join a major engineering and construction company with a national presence in Australia. This role is part of a team of estimators responsible for tendering for Civil projects, so we are ideally looking for someone with at least 6 years experience dealing with major projects including bulk earthworks, concreting and underground services.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the tasks you will be responsible for include:
- Planning, preparing, reviewing and presenting of cost estimates for a variety of major projects across different industries
- Identifying and detialing cost specific risks and opportunites associated with tender submissions
- Producing detailed project estimates and calculations of quantities
- Providing technical guidance to relevant Project Managers
- Leading and mentoring the team on various technical aspects of the job
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering
- At least 6 years estimating experience for similar projects - bulk earthworks, ug services, roads
- Experience tendering for projects within the $90M to $150M value range
- Proficiency in electronic estimation packages
- Good understanding of project management, engineering principles and construction methods
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
Sounds like you?
Then it's time to see what is out there on the market for you!