|Location:||Norseman||Posted Date:||April 21, 2017|
|Employer:||Independence Group NL|
|Employer Job Id:||CareerMine Job Id:||1351482|
We are currently taking applications from suitably qualified and experienced Mine Geologists to join our Nova Project Operation in the role of Senior Mine Geologist. This role will be responsible for the efficient and effective recording of geological information regarding the mineralisation, ore shapes, ore grades and ore locations to enable accurate production models to be produced and allow efficient extraction of the ore body. This is a FIFO role from Perth on a 9 days on, 5 days off roster and a 12 month fixed term position.
Key accountabilities for this role would include:
- Planning and oversight for underground drilling programmes and interpreting sampling, mapping and drilling results using appropriate software;
- Preparation and presentation of regular reports documenting mine production, grade control, mine-mill reconciliation, mine-reserve reconciliation and underground drill results;
- Supervise QA/QC procedures and maintenance of geological datasets; and
- Mentoring geologists and graduates.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Sc. in Geology;
- Proven experience at an underground mining operation;
- 10 years’ experience in mine Geology;
- Base metal experience preferred;
- Computer literacy of an intermediate to advanced level in mining software and drilling database packages - Surpac and Acquire highly desirable;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Mine Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication, literacy and presentation skills; and
- A focus on continuous improvement to achieve/exceed industry best practices.
If you feel that you have the right skills and experience, we encourage you to apply through our IGO Job Board in the Vacancies section on our website. General queries should be made to email@example.com or phone (08) 9238 8300.