Full Job Description:
CSA Mine is a high-grade underground copper mine located in Cobar Central Western NSW. Employing over 350 people CSA Mine is now looking for a new member to join the team. We are active in exploration of the existing mine and surrounding tenements in order to expand our business and any other acquisitions that may be acquired in the future.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Mine Geologist to join the team. Reporting to the Geology Superintendent the successful applicant will be a passionate driven and dynamic individual that enjoys working in a team environment and making a positive difference.
- Supervising the mine geology team as well as coaching and developing graduates;
- Geology input into mine planning & scheduling;
- Production reconciliation systems to monitor the accuracy of resource modelling;
- Effective grade control and stockpile management;
- Advise operations personnel of blending recommendations;
- Resource Delineation ensuring accurate estimation and categorisation of resources;
- Data collection and management of all pertinent geological data;
- Management and administration of the mines drilling contracts;
- Implementing an effective exploration program which investigates alternative geophysical techniques;
- Additional tasks as required by the Superintendent.
- Minimum of 5 years in an UG metalliferous environment;
- Degree qualified;
- Experience using Datamine Acquire & Surpac is preferred but not essential;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.