#1 Market leader in top 500 companies
Based in France with trips around the world
French speaking highly regarded
Great opportunity for a Senior (10 to 15 years of experience) Geology & Mining expert to join a worldwide leader.
Join a multicultural team of experts, unique opportunity.
Travel around the world to advise business units Executives and Mines.
Manage a small team. Looking for a Talent with both technical expertise and outstanding people skills ready to tackle a challenge head-on!
English a must, French an obvious plus.
Our client, leader in the industry, has a unique business model and manage over 100 mines around the world.
Based in France and surrounded by a small expert team advising on Geology and Mining, you will support business units in making the right decisions and optimising their operations.
Main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Determine strategy for the design and planning of mines, including choice of software
- Work with BU’s and mine engineers to create mines of correct size to extract desired quantity and quality of material to feed processing plants.
- Design in close coordination with BU management economically viable mining projects respecting safety, environment and social constraints.
- Provide direction on manpower planning, including what functions will remain internal and outsourced functions
- Provide direction for the correct mining equipment and usage needed for the mine
In order to be considered for this position, you will demonstrate:
- BS, Mine Engineering, or related field, Master’s preferred
- 10 years practical experience in mining engineering studies, rock mechanics, mine planning, mine production, safety and mine performance management and reporting.
- Project management experience
- Good knowledge of geology
- Strong math and analytical skills are required
- Demonstrated self-starter who is self-motivated