|Location:||Chicago, IL||Posted Date:||March 18, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||10682||CareerMine Job Id:||1345126|
- The Corporate Communications intern will support enterprise communications for[Company] , including media relations, thought leadership, community affairs, employee/field communications and other tasks. They will also measure and evaluate the success of their programs and make suggestions for improvements.
Key Accountabilities And Responsibilities
- Conduct research and develop background materials (50%)
- Organize and manage requests from Communications team, follow the existing protocols and provide regular updates on projects
- Perform research and develop briefing booklets for media interviews, speaking opportunities, sponsorship requests and other items
- Make recommendations on the quality of suggested events (media interviews, etc.) and their value to[Company] , based on research
- Draft internal and external communications (50%)
- Monitor and actively seek out internal story opportunities via Yammer and other tools, conduct interviews and write drafts of stories. Regularly post to both [Company] Connections (intranet) and the Marlin field communication system.
- Draft press releases, manage internal review process and post to wire service or [Company] website
- Provide formatting and editing support to existing communications with direction of Corporate Communication team
- Currently enrolled at an undergraduate university with a major in journalism, communication, public relations, marketing or a similar field
- Writing proficiency – impeccable grammar and thorough knowledge of AP style
- Project management – ability to prioritize work and adjust to changing deadlines
- Flexibility – comfortable working with employees of all levels, including senior leadership, either independently or in a team environment.
- Advanced computer skills – intermediate or greater proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including formatting and publishing in Word and PowerPoint.