|Location:||Chicago, IL||Posted Date:||March 18, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||10697||CareerMine Job Id:||1345131|
- This is a finance intern position based at [Company] headquarters in Chicago, IL. This position will report to the Director FP&A, and will be involved and support multiple areas of FP&A, including the Business Unit and Operations teams. This person will be involved in project/initiative work, as well as help create analytical resources, meaningful reporting and standardized methodologies that enhance decision-making support at[Company] . This person will also provide analytical support and financial analysis to various cross functional groups in the organization, including, executive management, marketing, sales and manufacturing management.
Key Accountabilities And Responsibilities
- Provide analysis support to the Business Units to identify, analyze, prioritize and implement key initiatives to accelerate growth platforms and improve financial performance
- Provide support to enhance analytics and decision making on key initiatives such as capacity planning, customer analysis and support, strategic planning, market share growth, competitive analysis and new product platforms
- Provide support and analysis to executive management on strategic initiatives, resource allocations, operational performance drivers and trends in business performance and the industry
- Help support some of the following initiatives:
- Monthly closing and consolidation process of the [Company] Consolidated Financial Reports. Prepare detailed variance analysis for each of our reporting segments.
- Monthly and annual reporting of our SG&A spending and provide detailed variance analysis. Also assist with our annual overhead budgeting process.
- Monthly forecasting process of our Consolidated P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement.
- Provide decision and analytical support to the management of domestic manufacturing units.
- Support and aid the development of the business plans of the various operating units by providing analytical and financial analysis as necessary.
- Prepare the financial analysis associated with capital authority proposals which generate cost savings or additional business.
- Prepare analyses of industry conditions and competitive environment. Maintain and update the analytical tools required in competitive analysis such as the delivered cost model.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with status of “Junior”.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated academic achievements
- Strong work ethic