|Location:||Kalimantan||Posted Date:||April 28, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||924971||CareerMine Job Id:||1351479|
[Company] is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and Chile. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
An excellent opportunity for Superintendent Plant – Big Digger has arisen to join our Plant Operation Department. Residentially based in one of our projects teams in Kalimantan, Indonesia and reporting to Plant Senior Superintendent.
Some of your duties will include:
- Lead, organize and provide direction for employees to ensure required goal and performance is achieved in people performance, HSE&Q outcomes and the business results;
- Manage the relevant mobile plant assets to ensure 90% availability by proactive and continuous improvements to the asset base;
- Ensure maximum communication levels are maintained between workshop and operations personnel regarding breakdowns safety issues, and prioritizing of the equipment repairs;
- Ensure there is effective utilization of plant personnel and resources to achieve optimum performance in all facets;
- Participate in the planning process to manage forward purchasing activities for components and parts;
- Assist Plant Planning & Sites in the development of structured plant maintenance schedules; optimize major rebuild schedules with Plant Planning;
- Proactively train workforce to meet plant operational requirements;
- Liaise with OEM's, dealers and suppliers to purchase parts and to optimize plant operational and cost performance.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Trade Qualifications or Maintenance / Engineering qualification with minimum 12 years trade experience in large mining or construction industry and has minimum 3 years' experience in similar role as Superintendent Mechanic for Big Digger unit such as Hitachi and Liebherr Excavators; Staff Management;
- Understanding the heavy plant business; knowledge in OEM products in Heavy Equipment; handling diagnostic skills in all aspects of mechanical repairs; OHS Regulations;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; good in coaching/mentoring and negotiation/mediation; good analytical; conflict resolution; sound decision making skills; excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written and computer literate.
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.