Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
Technical Advisor - Project Services
||Papua New Guinea, FIFO
||December 10, 2012
To view company name. See instructions below
||December 18, 2012
|Employer Job Id:
||CareerMine Job Id:
We are looking to attract a highly skilled Mobile Maintenance professional to join our Maintenance team at our Hidden Valley operation. Due to recent changes from a contractor to an owner operated model we currently need a Technical Advisor-Project Services to perform preventative maintenance of all project services mobile equipment.
- Gold mining joint venture with PNG projects
- Senior leadership role; 16/12 roster
- Attractive remuneration package
Reporting to the Project Services Superintendent this role will be responsible for:
- Performing mechanical maintenance and repairs on all mobile maintenance equipment as part of the project services fleet.
- Identifying and reporting unsafe or defective tooling to Supervisor
- Evaluating equipment damage and to assess the extent of repairs required
- Controlling work flow to fully utilise repair machines and to maintain an effective work flow
- Standing in as supervisor as required and run shift in an efficient manner as required
- Providing informative handovers to supervisor or other trades persons
- Locating, reading and understanding repair procedures, technical data and Material Safety Data Sheets [MSDS ]
- Providing accurate and concise written feedback on work orders as regards hours of work, work performed, parts used and status of job or equipment condition
- Providing accurate analysis of maintenance and operating performance of the fleet leading to timely decision making to maintain performance at or above agreed levels.
The successful applicant will have a trade certificate in a relevant field with a minimum of ten years of experience ideally in mining, with heavy duty fleet maintenance. You will have broad experience in all facets of project services equipment maintenance and repair. Communication and cultural awareness is key, so strong interpersonal and relationship building skills are a must as well as an appreciation for PNG culture.
This role is FIFO to PNG on a 16/12 roster. If you are confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfill this role then please apply