|Location:||Battleford, AB||Posted Date:||April 7, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||00130114-20170315||CareerMine Job Id:||1349063|
One of [Company]’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at [Company].
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
[Company] currently has an opportunity for a 2nd Class Power Engineer at their Edam West Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) facility near the Battleford’s area. The operation consists of water treating, high pressure steam generation, sour oil wells and oil treating facilities. The facility operations run 24-hours, 365 days per year, requiring incumbents to work 12 hour rotational shifts (including weekends and holidays).
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Operate the Steam Plant, Water Plant and River Intake (where applicable) in a safe and effective manner, while working collaboratively as part of the operating team. Understand role relative to the governing boiler authority Power Engineers Regulation under the Safety Codes Act.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all area-specific equipment to optimize performance to meet production targets as per Husky guidelines.
- Perform condition monitoring including sampling and testing per area responsibilities.
- Complete area operations records. (e.g. volume balances, log sheets, work permits and required reports).
- Support operations performed maintenance activities.
- Provide assistance, coaching, on-the-job training and assessments as required.
- Participate in the development and review of Safe Operating Procedures. Follow safe operating and chemical handling procedures.
- Participate in the site Health and Safety Program. Report all near misses and incidents. Participate in incident investigations, as required.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 2nd class power engineering certificate. Individuals with a 3rd class power engineering certificate and significant progress towards 2nd class certification may be considered.
- Grade XII diploma
- Experience in the oil and gas industry, SAGD operations is preferred
- Experience in the operation of steam generating equipment and associated systems
- Experience in the operation of oil processing and/or well equipment and all associated process and systems is an asset
- Experience in equipment isolation, safe work permitting and hazard analysis
- Proficiency with computers is required (experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, SAP, and a field data capture system would be considered an asset)
- The ability to work in a team environment and a willingness to accept increased operations responsibility
- Basic understanding of safety and regulatory standards and procedures
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- A valid, clean Class 5 Driver's License is required
As this position requires the operation of a motor vehicle, applicants are asked to provide a recent (i.e., issued within the previous 4 weeks) original driver’s abstract for the preceding 3 year period when appearing for an interview.
As this position has been identified as safety sensitive, employment of a final candidate selected for this position will be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment medical and alcohol/drug assessments.
At [Company], we respect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and different perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, women, and persons with disabilities.