Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
Underground Mining Engineer
||June 5, 2012
KenAmerican Resources Inc.
||August 4, 2012
|Employer Job Id:
||CareerMine Job Id:
- KenAmerican Resources, Inc. (KRI ) is seeking a Mining Engineer for its underground
- continuous mining operation in Western Kentucky. The position will assist in
- developing budgets, mine plans and forecasts consistent with production needs, quality
- requirements, marketing sales potential, and efficiency of the operation.
- Major engineering responsibilities include:
- Planning and organizing engineering activities and ensuring that those activities are compatible with the overall goals of the mine.
- Coordinating and developing short and long-term mine plans including preparation of mining projections to promote optimum production and efficiency.
- Producing and maintaining maps, drawings, and designs for operational needs.
- Maintaining mine permitting requirements.
- Conducting and performing engineering and surveying activities which will monitor, record, and report actual production and performance data.
- Developing and overseeing surface projects when required.
- Conducting ongoing operational systems analysis and equipment performance evaluations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required, preferably Mining or Civil Engineering and a minimum of five (5) years prior mining production and development experience.
- Professional Engineering registration is preferred. Surface coal mining engineering experience is a plus. Knowledge of State and Federal mining regulations is required.
- Experience with Auto Cad and SurvCADD and a background In surveying are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is essential. The successful candidate will also have demonstrated organizational and analytical skills and the ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of the organization as well as vendors and outside consultants.
- The successful applicant will be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision as well as any shift including scheduled weekends. . He/she must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to coordinate with co-workers and supervisors.
- Our compensation and benefits plans are excellent and are competitive with anyone in the coal mining industry.