Frequently Asked Questions
ConsultantMine, InfoMine's consultants directory, provides users with the ability to search for Consulting Companies who offer their services to the mining and mineral exploration industires. It also provides free access to contact information which can assist companies and executives to find experienced specialists. A Specialist is defined as an individual who has significant experience in a specific field within the mining and/or mineral exploration industries. The directory is searchable by name, services offered, level of experience, location, and keyword, and includes details of work experience and areas of expertise. Many Specialist listings also include resumes.
- How do I add my company to the Consultants section of InfoMine?
- To add your company to our consultants section please visit the "Add Your Consulting Company" page. You can chose to have either a Basic Listing, which is complimentary, or a Featured Profile which gives you a lot more features, including a banner ad.
- What is a Consultant?
- We adopt the Wikipedia definition:
A consultant (from the Latin consultus meaning "legal expert") is a professional who provides expert advice in a particular area of expertise such as accountancy, the environment, technology, the law, human resources, marketing, medicine, finance, public affairs, communication, engineering or waste management.
The main difference between a consultant and a 'normal' expert is that the consultant is not himself employed with his client, but instead is in business for himself or for a consultancy firm, usually with multiple and changing clients. Thus, his clients have access to deeper levels of expertise than would be feasible for them to retain in-house, especially if the speciality is needed comparatively rarely.
There are broader and more restrictive definitions. In the InfoMine Consultants database, we aim to include people and companies that the average mine is likely to think of as a consultants: someone or some group of folk you would bring in on a temporary basis to provide independent, expert advice.
- Do you include Service Providers who provide advice on their products and services in the InfoMine Consultants database?
- We list in the Consultants database companies that provide advice in the traditional and conventional sense. We list in the Suppliers database companies that sell products and services about which they may well provide "consulting" advice.
- Can I advertise on ConsultantMine?
- We would be delighted to host your banners on ConsultantMine. Please contact us for more information about banners and other advertising opportunities.