January 17, 2008 Reported the following highlights:
- A second zone of strong gold anomalism covering more than 20 sq. km. has been identified in first-pass sampling.
- This Northern Anomaly hosts calcrete assay values as high as 60ppb Au.
- A basement source is indicated by coincidence with magnetic trends.
- First Pass sampling programme is now 99% complete.
January 9, 2008 Reported the following highlights:
• Mineral Sands Limited identifies broad zones of heavy mineral accumulation within its Pioneer Project tenements on the western edge of the Eucla Basin
• Heavy mineral accumulations noted against basement highs in proximity to palaeochannel point sources.
• Grades to 5%HM with assemblages of 90-96% ilmenite and 3-10% zircon
September 30, 2007 Carried out reconnaissance aircore drilling programmes on the Plumridge project in two phases during 2005 and 2006, and has located widespread heavy mineral anomalies. In addition, a first pass aircore drilling program was undertaken on three granted tenements in the Pioneer project area early in 2007. Two heavy mineral (HM) zones were identified, with grades up to 4.2% HM and zircon contents up to 42%.
Following the receipt of anomalous gold values in near-surface calcrete horizons encountered in the 2006 Plumridge mineral sands drilling program, the company committed to an expanded geochemical sampling program to investigate the tenor of gold anomalism on the Plumridge project. This geochemical program is currently underway, and has outlined a large goldanomalous area