Dumas Contracting Ltd. is one of North America’s most successful full-service underground mining and contracting companies.We work with our clients to complete projects safely, on budget and within budget by drawing on decades of operational expertise gained in a variety of operating conditions. Since 1994, Dumas has built a reputation for being committed to developing and maintaining long-standing relationships with both clients and suppliers. We deliver superior results on technically challenging underground mining projects where our innovation and expertise are an advantage. Find out what our world class clients already know: Dumas is the clear choice.
Dumas’ Core Capabilities:
Engineering Design and Consultancy services
All types of technical evaluations from exploration and pre-feasibility studies through to components of bankable documents and detailed engineering designs for construction.
Underground Construction and Mechanical Installations
Mine Development and Production Services
- Material handling systems including conveyors and crushers;
- Grizzly and rockbreaker installations;
- Bin excavations and linings;
- Mine dewatering systems;
- Shaft loading pockets, spill pockets, and shaft stations;
- Service installations including piping, fuel distribution, and ventilation;
- Underground garages, fuel bays, lube bays, refuge stations and other facilities;
- Underground dams, bulkheads, fill fences, ventilation bulkheads and doors;
- Shaft collar excavation, stabilization, and lining;
- Portal excavation, construction and support.
- Exploration, preproduction and production development using trackless mechanized equipment for declines, inclines and lateral development;
- Track development;
- Bulk sampling;
- Production mining;
- Mine reopening, dewatering & rehabilitation.
- Alimak raising, air driven and electric;
- Raise equipping for manways, hoisting and services;
- Raise lining for ore and waste;
- Pilot raising and slashing for large diameter ventilation raises, bins, and shafts.
- Concrete lined shafts, timber shafts and unline shafts;
- Shaft rehabilitation;
- Shaft deepening;
- Shaft collars and presink;
- Internal shaft sinking (winze);
- Independent shaft inspection services.
Quality Control & Quality Assurance
On all projects Dumas Contracting provides a formal structure and quality assurance through the implementation of an internal health and safety program. Dumas adopts and adapts Quality Assurance and Control needs to the reporting requirements of all clients.
Dumas Contracting Ltd. supports the goal of sustainable economic development. We see fundamental value in operating in an environmentally responsible way to generate prosperity today, without compromising the opportunities of future generations.
We strive to improve the industry’s overall environmental performance by promoting and sharing best practices and technologies, with the goal of ensuring the social, economic and environmental sustainability of the industry.
We act responsibly by preventing or minimizing any adverse environmental impacts arising from our activities.
Specifically Dumas recognizes the importance of respecting and supporting the hiring and training commitments of our clients.
We promote and support the hiring of Aboriginal people. We have met with various Aboriginal communities and councils to establish relationships and to communicate employment opportunities that we can provide. We have hired and trained many entry level Aboriginal employees. We also support out client’s agreements to hire Aboriginal personnel. Please consult our Aboriginal Relations section of our website for more information.
Dumas is a proud member of our community and is dedicated to the development of communities in which we operate. Our community support efforts are provided through sponsorships, donations and employee involvement for healthcare and economic development initiatives, and non-profit organizations. Our strong advocacy for sound corporate citizenship is reflected in our formalized donation policy for community oriented initiatives.
||Corporate Office - Royal Bank Plaza
200 Bay Street, Suite 2305, South Tower
P.O. Box 19
Canada, M5J 2J1
||+1 416 594-2525.
Categories of Goods and Services Provided
Contracting - Mine Construction
- Mining Engineering and Contracting, Equipment - Excavation & Loading
- Underground Equipment
List of Catalogs
Contracting, Due Diligence, Excavation & Loading, Feasibility Studies, Mine Design, Mine Development, Mine Engineering, Mine Planning, Mine Services, Shaft Sinking, Surface Construction, Surveying, Underground Equipment, Underground Mine Design, Underground Services & Construction