In order to ensure we provide the best technical solution, each thickener is custom designed for a specific application. Typically, the tank is modeled with finite elements and the sub-structure and the bridge with beam elements.
Modeling is a means to provide the most cost effective solutions. Special attention is given to the design of the thickener feedwell (for high efficiency) and specially profiled rake blades for maximum transfer of viscous and heavy material at minimal torque consumption.
Thickening and Clarification
MIP Process Technologies thickeners consist of these basic parts, each of which is supplied in a number of variations to best suit a particular application:
Tank, Drive unit and optional lifting device, Torque Tube (centre shaft), Rake arms and blades, Bridge, Underflow discharge arrangement, Dual feedwell, and Overflow launders with weirs.
Flocculant Make-Up Plants
The MIP Process Technologies (Pty) Limited Flocculant make-up plants are of a modular design and they can be supplied as an integral packaged unit. The air drying process allows pneumatic conveying of dry Flocculant powder to be deposited to a remote system, e.g. the top of a thickener.
We employ high shear attritioning of the newly wetted discreet Flocculant particles and gentle mixing of the wetted Flocculant for ageing. There is no inter-stage pump between wetted Flocculant and storage, instead the Flocculant is transferred via a dart valve.
The MIP Process Technologies (Pty) Limited turbine attrition scrubber is a culmination of more than fifteen (15) years of experience in this field. Each attrition cell is fully rubber-lined in accordance with the client’s specifications for wear resistance. The unit is designed specifically for the required duty with replaceable rubber lining in the high wear areas and ease of maintenance.
All the cells are manufactured from mild steel and each attrition cell has its own mechanism. Materials of construction are of the highest quality available. MIP Process Technologies (Pty) Limited boasts the best workmanship and most modern practices.
MIP Process Technologies thickeners consist of the following basic parts,
each of which is supplied in a number of variations to best suit a particular application:
- Drive unit and optional lifting device
- Torque Tube (centre shaft)
- Rake arms and blades
- Underflow discharge arrangement
- Dual feedwell
- Overflow launders with weirs
Areas of expertise:
- Concentration, or raising the density of a mixture of solids and liquids (feed slurry).
- Clarification, involving removing solids from a mixture.
- Hydro-separation, whereby a specific fraction of solids is removed from a mixture.
Mission and Vision
MIP Process Technologies (Pty) Ltd is a reliable source for:
Count on MIP's for ongoing support or contact us today
- customer focus,
- continuous improvement
||First Floor, The Business Centre
8 Gemsbok Lane
South Africa, 2128
||+27 (0) 11 612 3217
||+27 (0) 86 682 2394
||Philip Hoff, Managing Director
Categories of Goods and Services Provided
Equipment - Mineral Processing
- Agglomeration Equipment, Equipment - Mineral Processing
- Agitators, Vibrators & Mixers, Equipment - Mineral Processing
- Extracting Processes, Equipment - Mineral Processing
- Flotation, Equipment - Mineral Processing
- Froth Treatment, Equipment - Mineral Processing
- Mineral Processing Equipment & Supplies, Equipment - Mineral Processing
- Paste and Thickened Tailings, Equipment - Mineral Processing
- Separation Equipment, Equipment - Mineral Processing
- Solvent Extraction
Attrition Scrubbers, Bridge, Clarifiers, Depressant and Flocculant Make-up Plants, Drive unit and optional lifting device, Dual feedwell, Flocculant Plants, Horizontal Linear Screens, Mixers and Agitators, Overflow launders with weirs, Process equipment, Rake arms and blades, Tank, Thickeners, Torque Tube (centre shaft), Underflow discharge arrangement