Watson-Marlow Pumps Group is the world-leading manufacturer of industrial hose pumps. The business is founded on over 50 years of supplying trusted engineering and process expertise in the mining industry. With over one million pumps installed worldwide, our products and solutions are tried, tested and proven to deliver significant process efficiencies across the mining sector.
No-valve metering revolution - qdos30 Metering Pumps
In what’s described as a “no-valve metering revolution” Watson-Marlow Pumps Group has launched its revolutionary Qdos 30 pump range. The Qdos 30 pumps eliminate ancillary equipment, enhance productivity, and reduce chemical waste through accurate, linear, and repeatable metering. Qdos 30 pumps deliver an unrivaled 5,000:1 flow range from 0.1 - 500 ml/min and 7 bar. Featuring patented ReNu pumphead technology, Qdos 30 is fully sealed for safe, tool-free maintenance.
There are a number of key benefits associated with using Bredel's hose pump technology in the mining sector to add value and reduce costs:
- Peristaltic hose pumps handle up to 80 percent solid slurries. Compare this to a centrifugal pump which only handles slurries with less than 30 percent solids
- This makes up to 71 percent less water usage compared to a centrifugal pump system.
- Smaller amounts of chemicals are needed because of the much less water used
- Using peristaltic hose pumps means fewer equipment consumables are necessary after thickening applications. For example, disc filter usages can be reduced by 25 percent and with each filter costing around $100,000, there are significant immediate savings
- In a peristaltic hose pump there is no mechanical seal flush water required. This is an immediate saving of approximately 72 litres of water per minute compared to centrifugal pumps. And this figure does not include any spillage from damaged seals.
- Less storage is required for tailings with the number of basins able to be reduced
Using peristaltic hose pumps can provide an overall lower environmental risk and the efficiency savings are significant.
More and more mining industry customers are turning to Bredel hose pump technology to provide solutions to specific challenges and problems. This is because hose pumps can help mine operators face up to key challenges:
- Reducing operating costs
- Managing and reducing water use
- Reducing chemical usage
- Lowering maintenance costs
- Conforming to environmental regulations
Fit For Purpose
Among the many benefits of peristaltic hose pumps are:
No mechanical seals
- No seal gland water flush systems
- No moving parts in the product zone
- Low and easy maintenance - just one wearing part; the hose
- Backflow and siphoning are prevented without the need for valves
- Wear-free performance
For the mining sector this last point is arguably the most advantageous. The longer a pump can operate without maintenance or failure, the better. The wear-free performance of peristaltic pumps is an attribute that results from a unique operating principle. Unlike other pumps, the abrasive nature of the product has no influence on pump life and the need for routine maintenance and spares is greatly reduced.
Cornwall, United Kingdom, TR11 4RU
||+44 (0)1326 370 370
||+44 (0)1326 376 009
||Rens Zwart, Product Manager Email
Categories of Goods and Services Provided
Equipment - Buildings & Structures
- Mine and Plant Infrastructure Equipment, Equipment - Pumps & Pipelines
- Dewatering Equipment, Equipment - Pumps & Pipelines
- Pumps, Equipment - Pumps & Pipelines
- Slurry Transportation Systems, Equipment - Pumps & Pipelines
- Tailings Disposal Systems, Supplies & Consumables - Mineral Processing
- Reagents and Chemicals, Supplies & Consumables - Other
List of Catalogs
Bredel Hoses, Chemical Pumps, Dosing Pumps, EPDM Hoses, Flocculation Dosing Pump, High Flow High-Pressure Industrial Pumps, Hose Pumps, Hose Pumps, Hypalon Hoses, IP66 Rated Pumps, Lime Slurries, Metering Pumps, Nitrile NBR Hoses, Peristaltic Pumps, Process Pumps, Reagent Dosing Pumps, Slurry Pump, Surfactants Dosing, Tailings Transfer Pump, Thickener Underflow Pump, Tube Pumps, Watson-Marlow Tubing