NEW QDOS 60 METERING PUMP FOR HIGH ACCURACY APPLICATIONS
Following the highly successful launch of the revolutionary Qdos 30 peristaltic metering pump, Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group has introduced the larger Qdos 60 model. This innovative and versatile new pump is designed to save costs in chemical metering applications thanks to its inherent higher accuracy metering. The addition of Qdos 60 expands the range to incorporate flow rates from 0.1 to 1,000 ml/min (0.001 to 15 USGPH) at 7 bar (100psi). Furthermore, simple installation and easy, tool-free maintenance ensure total cost of ownership is minimised.
Hose Pumps - Technology benefits
There are a number of key benefits associated with using Bredel's hose pump technology in the mining sector to add value and reduce costs:
- Peristaltic hose pumps handle up to 80 percent solid slurries. Compare this to a centrifugal pump which only handles slurries with less than 30 percent solids
- This makes up to 71 percent less water usage compared to a centrifugal pump system.
- Smaller amounts of chemicals are needed because of the much less water used
- Using peristaltic hose pumps means fewer equipment consumables are necessary after thickening applications. For example, disc filter usages can be reduced by 25 percent and with each filter costing around $100,000, there are significant immediate savings
- In a peristaltic hose pump there is no mechanical seal flush water required. This is an immediate saving of approximately 72 litres of water per minute compared to centrifugal pumps. And this figure does not include any spillage from damaged seals.
- Less storage is required for tailings with the number of basins able to be reduced
Using peristaltic hose pumps can provide an overall lower environmental risk and the efficiency savings are significant.
More and more mining industry customers are turning to Bredel hose pump technology to provide solutions to specific challenges and problems. This is because hose pumps can help mine operators face up to key challenges:
- Reducing downtime
- Reducing operating costs
- Managing and reducing water use
- Reducing chemical usage
- Lowering maintenance costs
- Conforming to environmental regulations
Fit For Purpose
Among the many benefits of peristaltic hose pumps are:
- No mechanical seals
- No seal gland water flush systems
- No moving parts in the product zone
- Low and easy maintenance - just one wearing part; the hose
- Backflow and siphoning are prevented without the need for valves
- Wear-free performance
For the mining sector this last point is arguably the most advantageous. The longer a pump can operate without maintenance or failure, the better. The wear-free performance of peristaltic pumps is an attribute that results from a unique operating principle. Unlike other pumps, the abrasive nature of the product has no influence on pump life and the need for routine maintenance and spares is greatly reduced.
United Kingdom, TR11 4RU
|Phone:||+44 (0)1326 370 370|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1326 376 009|
|Contact:||Rens Zwart, Product Manager Email|
Categories of Goods and Services Provided
Equipment - Pumps & Pipelines
- Dewatering Equipment, Equipment - Pumps & Pipelines
List of Catalogs
Bredel Hoses, Chemical Pumps, Dosing Pumps, EPDM Hoses, Flocculation Dosing Pump, High Flow High-Pressure Industrial Pumps, Hose Pumps, Hose Pumps, Hypalon Hoses, IP66 Rated Pumps, Lime Slurries, Metering Pumps, Nitrile NBR Hoses, Peristaltic Pumps, Process Pumps, Reagent Dosing Pumps, Slurry Pump, Surfactants Dosing, Tailings Transfer Pump, Thickener Underflow Pump, Tube Pumps, Watson-Marlow Tubing