Hide this alert
InfoMine Home

Carbon Monoxide Death in an Underground Copper Mine 1973

Video Info

Source: YouTube
Added: 8 years ago
Tags: carbon, monoxide, toxic, safety, health, msha, gas, hazard, history, copper, underground
Categories: Library
Description: The primary danger with carbon monoxide is that it cannot be easily detected. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas, and thus gives its victims no advance warning. Commonly referred to as "coal gas" or "white damp," carbon monoxide comes from the incomplete burning of gasoline, wood, coal, oil, propane gas, or anything else that contains carbon. The poisonous gas consists of just two elements, carbon and oxygen, and mixes readily with air. Poisoning occurs entirely from inhalation of the toxic compound from the air. For more on the hazards of carbon monoxide in the workplace, go to the CWA website at: http://www.cwa-union.org/issues/osh/a... . This is clipped from the 1973 Bureau of Mines film, Breathe and Live: Ventilation in Metal and Nonmetal Mines.
Rating:
(1 rating)

Embed this Video on Your Site

Related Videos


Copyright © InfoMine Inc. Developed and maintained by InfoMine Inc. All rights reserved.