Hide this alert
Marula Platinum
Contact Information 
PO BOX 1496, Illovo 2196, Private Bag X18
STEELPOORT, Limpopo
South Africa 1133
Tel: +27 (13) 214 6000
Fax: +27 (13) 214 6021
Time: UTC +3h (Dodoma)
General Manager: Peter Sandylands

 

Summary Report  (printer friendly)

Overview - world location Marula Platinum is a joint venture between Impala Platinum Holdings Limited (Implats), who hold 80%, and historically disadvantaged South Africans (HDSAs), who hold the remaining 20%. The 20% held by HDSAs is shared by Mmakau Mining (Pty) Limited (10%), a black-owned and managed company, a community-based trust (5%) and local HDSA business interests in Limpopo Province (5%).

Ownership Summary
 Name: Impala Platinum Holdings Limited (Implats)
   Interest: 80%
   Note: public
 Name: Mmakau Mining (Pty) Limited
   Interest: 10%
   Note: public

Reference: Feb 02, 2007
Keywords
  South Africa
  platinum
  underground
Originally known as the Winnaarshoek project, Implats acquired the property in December 2000 with the acquisition of Toronto-listed Platexco Inc. Simultaneously, Implats entered into a sublease with Anglo Platinum/Lebowa Minerals Trust on a portion of their contiguous Driekop property. Implats also exchanged its Hendriksplaats property for Anglo Platinum's Clapham and a portion of the Forest Hill properties, which have been incorporated into the lease area of the project.
The Bushveld Complex is one of the largest PGE deposits in the world


Marula is managed by a small, core Implats team. Initially, the mining, concentrator operations and associated services were outsourced but these functions were brought in-house in January 2005. At full production in 2009, the mine will produce 140 000 ounces of platinum per annum.

Marula Platinum User Access
Access to online mining resources ...InfoMine Properties
Access to online mining resources ...InfoMine Suppliers
Access to online mining resources ...InfoMine Equipment
Access to online mining resources ...InfoMine Technology
Access to online mining resources ...EduMine Professional Development & Training


Marula Platinum Links
Marula Platinum Suppliers


Suppliers - If your company is a supplier to Marula Platinum and would like to be included in the supplier listings above then please contact us at ... minesupplier@infomine.com.

Viewers - If you have more recent, or more accurate, information on Marula Platinum then please contact us at ... mineupdate@infomine.com.

Last updated - Feb 09, 2007


Copyright © InfoMine Inc. Developed and maintained by InfoMine Inc. All rights reserved.