InfoMine Terms and Policies
Last modified: February 1, 2016
InfoMine is owned and operated by InfoMine Inc., and is made available per these InfoMine Terms and Policies. By consuming any product or service owned and operated by InfoMine, you agree to these InfoMine Terms and Policies.
Commercial Electronic Messages
In compliance with Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation, InfoMine wishes to communicate with you by means of commercial electronic messages (email, voicemail, via our various social media, etc.) in order to provide you with the services you are requesting, whether as an individual or as a business person acting on behalf of a corporate entity. We need your permission to communicate information to you about your paid or free account, registration, products, services and events offered by InfoMine. In addition to these emails, we offer a number of standalone, free publications to which you may subscribe or unsubscribe at any time.
The third party email addresses provided in our products and services are for inquiring about the party's products and or services and not to be used for sending unsolicited marketing or promotional messages.
By agreeing to the Commercial Electronic Messages (CEMs) Policy and the InfoMine's Terms and Policies, you agree to receive electronic communications from InfoMine. If you have any questions or wish to withdraw your consent, please visit cem.infomine.com for more information.
Personal Information Protection
At InfoMine, we are committed to providing our clients (subscribers, enrollees, registrants, clients, members, readers and users) with exceptional service. As providing this service involves the collection, use and disclosure of some personal information about our clients, protecting their personal information is one of our highest priorities.
While we have always respected our clients' privacy and safeguarded their personal information, we have strengthened our commitment to protecting personal information as a result of British Columbia's Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA). PIPA, which came into effect on January 1, 2004, sets out the ground rules for how B.C. businesses and not-for-profit organizations may collect, use and disclose personal information.
We will inform our clients of why and how we collect, use and disclose their personal information, obtain their consent where required, and only handle their personal information in a manner that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
This Personal Information Protection Policy, in compliance with PIPA, outlines the principles and practices we will follow in protecting clients' personal information. Our privacy commitment includes ensuring the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of our clients' personal information and allowing our clients to request access to, and correction of, their personal information.
This Personal Information Protection Policy applies to InfoMine and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies.
This policy also applies to any service providers collecting, using or disclosing personal information on behalf of InfoMine.
Unless the purposes for collecting personal information are obvious and the client voluntarily provides his or her personal information for those purposes, we will communicate the purposes for which personal information is being collected, either orally or in writing, before or at the time of collection.
Examples of why we collect client information:
- To verify identity
- To identify client preferences
- To understand the needs of our clients
- To open and manage an account or subscription
- To deliver requested products and services
- To process a purchase transaction
- To provide informational services
- To enroll the client in a program
- To send out information about InfoMine's products and services
- To ensure a high standard of service to our clients
- To meet regulatory requirements
In the event of a client voluntarily providing his or her personal information to be shown in the public domain on InfoMine, the client will have the necessary control to increase, decrease or remove the public information at their discretion.
A public profile allows one to create a public presence within the InfoMine community. It allows others in mining to discover and connect with you for opportunities. The information you add to your public profile will be available publicly through PeopleMine and in limited form elsewhere on InfoMine.
Other examples of public personal information include resumes, specialist profiles, author profiles, speaker profiles, etc.
- We will obtain client consent to collect, use or disclose personal information (except where, as noted below, we are authorized to do so without consent).
- Consent can be provided orally, in writing, electronically, through an authorized representative or it can be implied where the purpose for collecting using or disclosing the personal information would be considered obvious and the client voluntarily provides personal information for that purpose.
- Consent may also be implied where a client is given notice and an opportunity to opt-out of his or her personal information being used for mail-outs, the marketing of new services or products and the client does not opt-out in accordance with the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation of July 1, 2014.
- Subject to certain exceptions (e.g., the personal information is necessary to provide the service or product, or the withdrawal of consent would frustrate the performance of a legal obligation), clients can withhold or withdraw their consent for InfoMine to use their personal information in certain ways. A client's decision to withhold or withdraw their consent to certain uses of personal information may restrict our ability to provide a particular service or product. If so, we will explain the situation to assist the client in making the decision.
- We may collect, use or disclose personal information without the client's knowledge or consent in the following limited circumstances:
- When the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by law
- In an emergency that threatens an individual's life, health, or personal security
- When the personal information is available from a public source (e.g., a telephone directory or web site)
- When we require legal advice from a lawyer
- For the purposes of collecting a debt
- To protect ourselves from fraud
- To investigate an anticipated breach of an agreement or a contravention of law
- We will not sell client lists or personal information to other parties unless we have consent to do so.
- If we use client personal information to make a decision that directly affects the client, we will retain that personal information for at least one year so that the client has a reasonable opportunity to request access to it.
- We will retain client personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the identified purposes or a legal or business purpose.
- We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that client personal information is accurate and complete where it may be used to make a decision about the client or disclosed to another organization.
- Clients may request correction to their personal information in order to ensure its accuracy and completeness. To update personal information visit Your Account. You may also make a request to correct personal information in writing by providing sufficient detail to identify the personal information and the correction being sought. Requests for modification to personal information can be sent in writing to [email protected].
- If the personal information is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete, we will correct the information as required and send the corrected information to any organization to which we disclosed the personal information in the previous year. If the correction is not made, we will note the client's correction request in the file. We may require proof to support the request for modification (e.g. identification, proof of address, credit card or bank account such as in the case of refunds).
- We are committed to ensuring the security of client personal information in order to protect it from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal or similar risks.
- The following security measures will be followed to ensure that client personal information is appropriately protected:
- Restricting employee access to personal information as appropriate
- The opportunity for clients to update account password at will
- We will use appropriate security measures when destroying client's personal information such as: shredding documents, deleting electronically stored information.
- We will continually review and update our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing personal information security.
- Clients have a right to access their personal information, subject to limited exceptions as found in PIPA, including items such as solicitor-client privilege, disclosure that would reveal personal information about another individual, health and safety concerns, etc.
- To access personal information visit Your Account. You may also make a request in writing by providing sufficient detail to identify the personal information being sought to the Privacy Officer at [email protected].
- Upon request, we will also tell clients how we use their personal information and to whom it has been disclosed, if applicable.
- We will make the requested information available within 30 business days, or provide written notice of an extension where additional time is required to fulfill the request.
- A minimal fee may be charged for providing access to personal information. Where a fee may apply, we will inform the client of the cost and request further direction from the client on whether or not we should proceed with the request.
- If a request is refused in full or in part, we will notify the client in writing, providing the reasons for refusal and the recourse available to the client.
Questions and Complaints: The Role of the Privacy Officer or designated individual
- The Privacy Officer or designated individual is responsible for ensuring InfoMine's compliance with this policy and the Personal Information Protection Act.
- Clients should direct any complaints, concerns or questions regarding InfoMine's compliance in writing to the Privacy Officer. If the Privacy Officer is unable to resolve the concern, the client may also write to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of British Columbia.
InfoMine is designed for optimal use with latest browser versions. Due to the diversity of operating systems and web browsers, there may be parts of our site that do not work with all browsers.
There are various levels of access to InfoMine (including EduMine, MINING.com and other websites, apps, etc.):
- Free access (no InfoMine Account) - no charges apply
- Free member access - requires an InfoMine Account - no charges apply
- Paid subscriber and enrollee access only - paid subscription and enrollment fees apply (may be a one-time charge, monthly, quarterly, annual or similar)
- Subscriber to a publication, bulletin or newsletter (free of charge unless otherwise indicated)
- Client that may include any of the aforementioned levels that has requested information about or used our services in the past such as a conference delegate, author, instructor, supplier, etc.
Signing up for a service or purchasing a product from InfoMine may result in the creation of a free InfoMine Account with your email address and contact information. An InfoMine ID (user name) is provisioned for each InfoMine Account. It is a unique identifier for each InfoMine Account holder and provides access to InfoMine along with the corresponding password. You can personally request to have this information (your InfoMine Account) removed by speaking with one of our support team members (see contact information below) or by email at [email protected]. To update your personal information (email address, password, etc.) on your registration, please visit Your Account.
There are subscriptions to publications across InfoMine that are bulletins, newsletters and similar items, at no charge.
Cancelling a subscription to a paid service does not cancel your subscription to a publication or your registration/membership at InfoMine and vice versa.
You may unsubscribe to individual publications using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of that particular email.
To cancel your subscription to a paid service, visit Your Account. You may also cancel by speaking with one of our support team members (see contact information below) or by email at [email protected] Be sure to include your InfoMine ID (user name) (typically the email address you used when creating your InfoMine Account). Your subscription service will be cancelled at the end of the day on the monthly anniversary date for accounts billed on anniversary dates.
In the event of any dispute over monthly services billed, the maximum refund we are able to issue is the equivalent to the amount charged to your account in the most recent billing period. To be eligible for a refund, the user must provide proof of cancellation that includes the cancellation date and the user name as well as proof of the charge.
Ensure that, in all correspondence with our support team, you include your full name, InfoMine ID, email address, previous email addresses if applicable, phone number, city and country.
If you have a single-user account, only the registered account holder is authorized to use the account. You may not share the InfoMine ID and password with anyone else. If you have a multi-user corporate account, only the registered users listed for the account are authorized to use the account. These users may not share their InfoMine IDs and passwords with anyone else.
For all services deemed as "unlimited", fair usage policies apply. Consult our support team at [email protected] if you are unsure about the parameters of fair usage of the service or product you have purchased or to which you have subscribed. InfoMine reserves the right to terminate service of what it considers to be outside of fair usage.
If you want an InfoMine ID and password, please create an InfoMine Account. A confirmation will be emailed to you.
If you subscribe or enroll for our paid access, your initial payment is processed promptly and your InfoMine ID will be emailed to you. Upon receipt of confirmation sent from InfoMine containing your InfoMine ID and payment confirmation, you will be able to access the site. You may reset your password by visiting Your Account, should you require it.
If you did not include your credit card details in the online form, then your account will be activated as soon as payment information is received. You will be notified by email as soon as your account has been activated.
InfoMine is an international company and bills in several currencies, including official currencies of Canada, the United States, Peru, Brazil, South Africa, Australia and Mexico. Applicable taxes will be added, unless otherwise specified.
For clients paying for service in one of our accepted currencies where that currency is different to your own currency, please note that we have no control over the exchange rate used by your credit card company or our payment gateway. If you have any concerns regarding the exchange rate used for your credit card transaction, please contact your credit card company directly.
If you are paying for a service by wire transfer, an additional charge will be added to your bill to cover our service charges.
Subscription and Enrollment
Payment is accepted by authorized credit card. In rare cases, arrangements for a deposit/transfer can be made. Contact our support team at [email protected] to enquire.
On initial subscription or enrollment, the credit card is debited for the appropriate set-up fee and first period. Thereafter, the credit card account is debited for the appropriate InfoMine subscription (or EduMine enrollment) fee per month on the anniversary date. No reimbursements are made for cancellations mid-month. Some of the subscriptions require a prepayment of 3 months of service. This is indicated in the details when subscribing or enrolling. Receipts can be obtained via Your Account.
Payment is accepted by authorized credit card. Contact your closest InfoMine branch for alternative forms of payment we may accept. Please note that an additional charge may be levied to offset bank charges. This will be added to your invoice.
Please note that accounts are not activated until payment has been received and confirmed.
© Infomine, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The content on our websites and other mediums (email, mobile apps, in print, etc.) is owned by InfoMine Inc., in conjunction with others, pursuant to contractual arrangements.
Without written permission, this content may not be reproduced, copied, captured into a database, or duplicated in any form for commercial gain except under the terms of a special formal agreement with InfoMine and as permitted under copyright law.
Modification of content, or commercial use thereof, for any other purpose, is a violation of our copyright and other proprietary rights and is strictly prohibited.
You do not acquire any ownership rights by using any part of InfoMine and associated services. Please respect our property, trademarks and copyright.
Text, search results, or other information may be downloaded, saved, or printed solely for private use of the individual or purchasing entity (individual, company, etc.).
The information contained on InfoMine has been collected from a variety of sources and by a variety of organizations and individuals, all considered reliable. All information is offered on a "best intentions" basis.
InfoMine makes no representation or offers no warranty with respect to the adequacy of the information for any particular purpose. In no event shall InfoMine, its affiliated companies, employees, officers and directors, shareholders or the authors of information provided herein be liable for special, direct, indirect or consequential damages, losses, costs, charges, demands, or claims for lost profits or expenses of any nature or kind. In particular, InfoMine is not presented as a solicitation to buy or purchase securities. Investors are advised to discuss all of their stock purchases with a registered securities broker or personal finance professional prior to investing.
Service Changes and Limitations
InfoMine products and services change frequently, and their form and functionality may change without prior notice to you. InfoMine retains the right to create limits on and related to use of the products and services in its sole discretion at any time with or without notice. InfoMine may also impose limits on certain products, services or aspects of those products and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the products and services without notice or liability. InfoMine may change, suspend, or discontinue any or all of the products and services at any time, including the availability of any product, feature, database, or content.
InfoMine is an ever-evolving platform. With new products, services, and features launching all the time, we need flexibility to make changes, impose limits and occasionally suspend or terminate certain offerings.
InfoMine may also terminate or suspend any account at any time. We only use that power when we have a reason as outlined in these policies.
Links to Other Sites
Throughout this site, InfoMine provides links to other sites for your convenience. These sites are independent from InfoMine and InfoMine does not endorse, control or make any representations, warranties or conditions concerning their contents or links. It is your responsibility to verify any information contained within linked sites before relying on it. Also, the information contained in the links may be deleted, changed or updated at any time without notice. Linked sites may have their own terms and conditions that you should locate and review.
Third Party Data
ASX Listed Mining Companies Provided by ASX Operations Pty Ltd.
Some of this material is copyrighted and is reproduced under license by Australian Stock Exchange Limited, ACN 008 624 691. Australian Stock Exchange Limited, its related companies and their officers, employees are not associated with, and should not be construed as endorsing, promoting or expressing any opinion about, nor be under any liability for any loss arising in connection with InfoMine, Inc., the contents of the internet site known as InfoMine (or the contents of any other site to which one can link from InfoMine) or any of InfoMine's products or services.
Australian Stock Exchange Limited, its related companies, their officers and employees shall not be liable in any way for any loss or damage, howsoever arising (whether in negligence or otherwise) out of or in connection with the contents of and/or any omissions from this communication except where a liability is made non-excludable by legislation.
The ASX logo, 'All Ordinaries ®' and 'ASX ®' are registered trademarks of ASX Operations Pty Limited.
Certain information contained in our paid subscription products is: (1) proprietary to Morningstar and/or its content providers; (2) may not be copied or distributed; and (3) is not warranted to be accurate, complete or timely. Neither Morningstar nor its content providers are responsible for any damages or losses arising from any use of this information. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
In the event of any action arising out of or relating to these Terms and Policies (whether in contract, tort, or both), Infomine Inc. shall be entitled to recover its costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, incurred in connection with such action.
Any unauthorized assignment or transfer of rights shall be deemed void and unenforceable and subject to damages without the expressed written consent of Infomine Inc.
Suite 900-580 Hornby Street
Canada, V3C 3B6
Tel. +1 604 683 2037
InfoMine reserves the right to change any of the above policies, terms and conditions at any time, without notice.